Friday, May 02, 2008

Why me?

Two things today:

1) I went over to Tim Horton's to grab a sandwich and lo and behold. Just as I was taking out my wallet from my secret pocket in my handbag, a tampon flies out and lands right on the counter. I felt so embarassed, but I think the guy behind the counter turned a deeper shade of red than I did. I grabbed it as quickly as I could and shoved it back in my bag. Why me? I've always feared this would happen if I carried extra supplies. I mean, it's always better to be safe than sorry, but is this what I get for wanting to be prepared?

2) I was working on a report in this architectural firm that I now work for, and it asked me to recalculate volume and area. Stupid me, I forgot that it's just a simple multiplication of a couple of numbers (length, width, and height), so I asked the cute new hire for some help. He gave me a bit of a smile, we flirtatiously conversed, and I batted the ol' eye lashes. That's right, I did the whole Marilyn Monroe bit. If only I had the white dress and a big fan. *sigh*

At least it's Friday, ladies and gentlemen. PinkPolish and I are finally going to head out dancing on Saturday, right after I get my haircut. I'll keep ya'll posted on what happens this weekend!