Friday, May 09, 2008

Prep


So I've been prepping myself for Hawaii. I've bought the crazy sunscreen, I'm bringing a hat, I've got a tunic that I'll wear over my bathing suit, and I've got my beach reads.
Now the scariest part about this trip is having to squeeze into a bathing suit. I haven't worn one since last summer when I went to the beach with my nephews. I'm a lot slimmer now, especially with my crazy workout regime, so I'm hoping that I'll be a little more confident. PinkPolish and I are gonna go swim suit shopping just before I leave when I'll be at my lowest weight and feeling pretty darn good. Or at least I hope I'll be feeling that way!
Does anybody have any recommendations for things to do in Hawaii? So far I've got zip-lining, surfing, the Road to Hana, visit a black sand beach, volcano tour, hiking trails, shopping, luau...what else am I missing? I bought two guidebooks since we're going to visit two islands: O'ahu and Maui.
Yesterday I had a training session which was a little different than what I'm normally used to. My trainer asked me if I wanted to go outside for a workout, which was awesome! We went running at a park that's 5 minutes from the gym and had an awesome time. At the end of the run we even played frisbee! (That was my favourite part.) I got to know my trainer outside of the gym and he's a really cool guy.
Anyhow, since I'm at work, I should get back to doing something productive before my boss walks by and decides to fire me.