Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Another wasted day


Here I am, sitting in the office, yet away, wasting away. I feel like I'm losing parts of my life that I'll never get back. Yeah, I'm making money, and yeah, I should probably thank my lucky starts that I got a job this summer after the whole school debacle, but sheesh, in the present moment, it womps.
Here's what I did today. I fetched the coffee, I made some edits to a massive spreadsheet that is impossible to read/edit, I ripped magazines, and dusted.
Pretty exciting day huh. And I'm going to have to repeat this tomorrow too! The only good thing about my day is that I have a training session this afternoon which will hopefully pick my spirits up a bit. Oh, and P.S. I love you comes out on dvd today, which means, it's gonna be movie night! Or perhaps not. I just remembered, there's a new episode of Hell's Kitchen tonight and it's supposed to be a good one.
One thing that I do like about work is that I don't have someone hovering over my shoulder all day. So whenever I can, I watch episodes of Doctor Who. I've managed to watch a few eps from Season 2. Tomorrow, I think I'll bring a movie with me. That might makes things a little more spicy here and hopefully the time will pass by faster. The last half hour of work is always the most difficult to get through.
On the bright side, I leave for Hawaii in two weeks! I'll be chilling on the beach in Maui not thinking about anything in particular sipping a pina colada (or two - one for each hand). I can't wait to get on the road to Hana, see the black sand beaches, tour a volcano, go ziplining, try surfing, and maybe get a luau in if I can. When I'm not doing any one of those things, I'll be partying it up Hawaiian style. I wonder if they'll let me wear a grass skirt and coconuts...