Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snow


I get that I live in Canada. I get that we have cold weather. I understand that snow is a regular occurence in the winter (and sometimes spring and summer) but for the love of God, enough is enough. Mother Nature decided to dump another 20cm on us today. Are we being punished or something? Whatever happened to global warming? (Not that it's a good thing, but I didn't mind the mild winters so much.)
Snow is so limiting! The roads are covered, so you can't really go anywhere. The snow blocks your front door and you can't even open it. And it's just so darn cold that you don't want to step foot outside of your nice, warm home. Besides, when you do step outside, you get stuck shovelling the crap off your driveway and sidewalk. Then you have to clear it off your car and everyone knows how tricky that can get - especially when it freezes on to your windshield and you have to sit there and scrape the ice off!
Things are probably only going to get worse since I'm moving to the Niagara region in September. The Niagra region, of course, if Buffalo's next door neighbour and we all know what kind of weather Buffalo gets. That's right, the shit kind.
You know what the worst part is? The snow just keep multiplying! There's not enough time for the old stuff to melt before the new stuff arrives. I mean, come on! Everything has officially frozen and on to the ground and it doesn't look like it's going to be going anywhere for a while. I can't even go to the gym at this point, which is really starting to piss me off. I can't falter from my workout regiment! I've already been pretty bad today. I had all the foods that I shouldn't eat. Come tomorrow though, I'm gonna hit the ground running. I'm going back to my tasteless diet and on Monday, I'm gonna hit the gym really hard. That's right, I'm going back to the Step class. Perhaps I'll do some muscle conditioning afterwards. Who knows? The sky is the limit!