Friday, February 15, 2008

Training Day 1


I had my first session with my personal trainer today and boy was it fantastic. The first part of our training consisted of him taking my blood pressure and then my measurements. Taking my measurements was pretty embarassing. Of course he jotted down all of the essentials: arms, thighs, bust, butt, and calfs. The funniest part was when he came around the calf area. He was on his knees (the way all men should be) and he paused and looked up at me and asked: Did you shave your legs? My response: Honey, I'm always prepared. Ya'll should have seen the look on his face! He continued to take my measurements with a huge grin on his face.
Afterwards we got on the machines and did some weight training. He pushed me so much that I was started to shake. I could barely stand. And now, I'm sore all over, but then again, this is what I hired him for.
Anyhow, as we were going around on the machines, he would show me various ones that I was unfamiliar with. As he would get on the machines and demonstrate them for me, all I could focus on was his muscles and how they were flexing. Mmm, the man was scrumptious. He also asked me how I spent my Valentine's day to which I responded with: I worked out. And that was true. When I asked him what he did, he said he went over to his friend's house and played rock band with a bunch of his buddies. I can see it now, a bunch of 20somethings sitting around playing a video game on Valentine's day. Priceless! But ladies, you know what that means...he's single! WOOT!
I have another session with him tomorrow afternoon which I'm really looking forward to. I think that I'm going to see some serious results with him. All I need is some motivation to eat better and I think I'll reach my goal by September.