Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Mistake?

I might be making the biggest mistake of my life but I'm giving Bricks another chance. In the past he's placed me at the bottom of his list of things to do (both literally and metaphorically). He has stood me up for every date we have previously tried to schedule. And, on top of everything else, he seems to think I'm his phone whore.
Nevertheless, I can't seem to shake him. He and I have reconnected over the last couple of months and things have been going really well. Unfortunately, he's had an operation on his foot and can't walk for 6 weeks. As PinkPolish has dubbed him, he will forthwith be known as Gimpy. We can't even get together on V-day, but maybe that's a good thing...
Despite everything he's put me through, I'm willing to give him another chance. Perhaps it's because nothing better has come along, or perhaps I'm just lonley. Whatever the case is, I'm gonna get on my surfboard and try this wave out. Whether I'll be able to ride it or whether it will swallow me whole is yet to be determined.