Saturday, February 09, 2008

Eurovision 2008


Ever since I went to Greece 5 years ago, I've become a huge fan of this European song competition called Eurovision.
Here's the premise:
Each participating country in Europe invites their nation's top singers to a competition to determine who will be sent to compete in Eurovision. The night of the competition, each singer from each country will perform one song. After all of the performances the phone lines open and audiences from across Europe are invited to phone in their vote for who they want to win.
Since I'm repping Greece, I thought I would include a few YouTube links to the 3 finalists that Greece has chosen. The final vote to determine who will be sent to this year's competition will be held on February 26th.
Kalomoira - Secret Combination (I'm totally rooting for my home girl. She was born and raised in New York City but moved to Greece 5 years ago to compete in a singing reality show called "Fame Story." She won the competition and instantly became Greece's sweetheart.)
Kostas Martakis - Always and Forever (This man is GORGEOUS! I love his eyes. He has an amazing voice and would also represent Greece very well if he is chosen.)
Xryspa - A Chance to Love (This is also a great song. Xryspa has a really powerful voice and would also go a long way in the competition.)
Check out the songs and let me know what ya'll think and who you would vote for!