Friday, February 01, 2008

Email #1

Here is the original email I had sent her:

------
Dear Shewhomakesmencry,

Last night was supposed to be a night for celebration. A time where three friends could get together and simply have a good time. It was not a time to get drunk. It was not a time to puke in someone else's car.

I understand, and for the most part sympathize with what you are going through. I can only imagine what it feels like to have family go on a campaign overseas. This whole situation, however, is not cause to drink excessively, to deprive yourself of food (and no, Peptobismol does not count as food. Neither does coffee), and to guilt me into staying at a place that I no longer want to be in.

Now, I'm not a completely unreasonable person. I'm really trying to understand what you are doing with B - using him as a substitute for N - but it just doesn't make sense to me. If anything, I think you need to communicate with your family and tell them what's going on in your head and how you're feeling, because if this type of wreckless behaviour continues, I don't know what will happen to you.

We had made an agreement at the beginning of the night: We would leave the bar at 12:30. It's not that I want to be a party pooper but it is because my parents freak when I stay out late. You know this. Unfortunately, your other friends decided to arrive to the bar late, and because of that, we wound up staying an extra 2 HOURS, despite my many protests. This is something I do not appreciate. When we are ready to leave, we are ready to leave. You don't try to pursuade a passenger to stay late, you try to pursuade the driver, and you totally ignored PinkPolish on this.

The way you acted tonight was very upsetting, and honestly, I can't deal with it. I try to be a friend, and a good one at that, but fuck man. You disrespected not only me but my best friend. You puked in her car and both of us went out of our way to take care of you. You get drunk one night, pass out and then get carried out of a bar. Who has to face your father? Me and PinkPolish. Tonight, you get drunk again and puke at every freakin' corner in Toronto. Who has to take care of you? Me and PinkPolish. Do you see any patterns forming here or must I state the obvious? I do not like it when people get drunk. A couple of drinks, fine. I let that slide. But when you drink to the point of wrecklessness, then we have a problem. And until you can figure out what the fuck is going on, I'm on a hiatus.

I don't want to stop being friends with you, especially since we've known each other for a long time and since we've been through a lot. But you promised me that something like this would never happen again. Shits and giggles aside, it did. And I'm not happy about it. Clean yourself up. Talk to your family. Get some perspective. I say this, not out of anger or spite, but because I care and I don't want to see you get hurt.

LemonDrop